Saturday, May 31, 2008

True belief brings obedience

"Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family, and also Zoram and his family, and Sam, mine elder brother and his family, and Jacob and Joseph, my younger brethren, and also my sisters, and all those who would go with me. And all those who would go with me were those who believed in the warnings and the revelations of God; wherefore, they did hearken unto my words." - 2 Nephi 5:6

Those that blieved in the warnings and revelations of God were also obedient. Obedience is an indication that you truly believe in the principles of the gospel. Those that followed Nephi were obedient "in all things." In 2 Nephi 5:10 it states: "And we did observe to keep the judgments, and the statutes, and the commandments of the Lord in all things, according to the law of Moses."

It is because of their obedience that they were blessed of the Lord. Continuting in 2 Nephi 5:11,13 we read: "And the Lord was with us; and we did prosper exceedingly; for we did sow seed, and we did reap again in abundance. ... And it came to pass that we began to prosper exceedingly, ..."

No comments: